Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Math Conferences Freebie

All of my math reading and my blog stalking (there is a group of teachers reading the Guided Math book) have inspired me to revamp my whole math structure. Part of my plan is to incorporate a true workshop model with conferring and all. Conferring in reader's workshop and writer's workshop has been the one thing that I always question if I am doing it right. Am I meeting with a student for too long? How often should I meet with each student? How do I keep track of how my conferences and make sure there is some continuity and that I am working with each student toward a specific horizon? I feel like conferences require a delicate balance between making sure to give a meaningful teaching point and making sure to keep conferences brief in order to get to everyone in a reasonable timeframe - possibly each week or every other week - depending on class size. Something that has really helped me in reader's workshop is using a binder with tabs for each student to keep track of our conferences. So I thought I would create something (almost the exact same) for math! Here is what I came up with:


It looks weird with no borders - but I promise it looks normal in real life. Anyway - if you want a copy - it's free on my TPT store. If you grab it - let me know what you think :)

P.S. Click on the picture below to head over to Primary Inspired - she is hosting the Guided Math Book Study.


2 comments:

Mrs. Sheehan said...

I haven't read this book yet but it's on my list! I need some new math ideas for sure!

Patti Wilson said...

Abby,

This book has been a blessing! Having other teachers to share thoughts with makes it even better!

Stop by and read my thoughts.
Patti
One Class, One Sound

Post a Comment