Monday, July 9, 2012

A Couple Blogger Questions

I am posting today (selfishly) with a couple blogger questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. They seem like simple things, but I just can't figure it out. Maybe some others are wondering the same thing :) (or maybe I'm the only one!).

My first question is:
When you comment on someone's blog, and you sign your name after your comment - I see lots of people also leave a link to their blog...but they don't write out the whole url (like I do) - they just have the title of their blog there and when you click on it - it takes you directly to their blog. How did you all do that??  

My second question is:
When I am scrolling through my google reader I notice that many of you have your blog button or favicon pictured next to your blog name rather than the blogger orange and white symbol. I also notice the same thing when posting comments on blogs. When I comment, the orange blogger symbol is next to my comment. How can I change those to be pictures of my blog button/ favicon? 

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for your helpful answers! 

I'm reading yet another math book called, Young Mathematicians at Work: Constructing NUmber Sense, Addition, and Subtraction, by Catherine Twomey Fosnot. It's really good so far - I will definitely be back soon with a post about what I'm learning. Has anyone read this book or used her investigations in class before? 


Who's excited for the Bachelorette tonight?!?!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I can answer the first question!

I used Kristen's video tutorial about comment links. Here is the link to her video: http://www.ladybugsteacherfiles.com/2011/04/video-tutorial-leaving-direct-links-in.html

:)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Jill said...

I forgot to say I am PUMPED about the Bachelorette!!!!!!!!! But also scared because I love everybody who is left and I don't want anyone to go home!

Unknown said...

The amazing Kristen has also done a tutorial for the favicon too.

You can check it out here.
http://www.ladybugsteacherfiles.com/2011/06/tutorial-customizing-favicon-in-blogger.html

Hope that helps! I don't either are too hard to do.

Swimming into Second

Unknown said...

I just realized that you weren't asking how to do the favicon. I'm not really sure how to do that either.

Swimming into Second

Laura said...

All of these bloggers who design blogs should be able to tell you how to do the favicon. Erin from Creating and Designing just did mine and added the favicon for me. I bet if you emailed her, she would be happy to tell you!


Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

The Writing Mama said...

I am so glad you posted these questions because I just spent 30 minutes searching the internet for how to put my blog name in a comment! I don't think I ever would have found it had I not come across your post and saw the comment about Ladybug's Teacher Files!Thanks so much!

Ashley
That's So Second Grade

(I learned how to do this ^ thanks to you!)

Sophie Grace said...

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. To find to account on instagram, please check link instastalker

Chuyên trang đi Mỹ said...

Vé máy bay đi Mỹ tháng nào rẻ nhất
5 điểm du lịch kỷ Jura bạn ở Hawaii Hoa Kỳ
Vé máy bay đi Mỹ giá bao nhiêu tiền
Trải nghiệm sự kỳ diệu tại Cửa hàng biểu tượng Macy ở Chicago, Illinois
Địa điểm du lịch công viên Disneyland
Bảo tàng Isabella Stewart Gardner Boston
9 điểm tuyệt vời để ăn mừng đêm giao thừa USA Hoa Kỳ
Du lịch Hoa Kỳ và hành trình trải nghiệm thú vị
Du lịch nông trại Knott’s Berry USA Mỹ
Du lịch khám phá Oregon Hoa Kỳ

Post a Comment