Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fancy Nancy!



I tried this my first year of teaching, but since it was my first year (and I didn't know quite how to balance what I thought were "best practices" and the basal) it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Now, in my 5th year, I am going to try it again....a Fancy Nancy Word Wall! I love Fancy Nancy, and so do my students. I just had to share the letter cards I made that are at Staples as I type getting laminated. If anyone has done this in the past and has great ideas, I'd love to hear them. I plan on using this word wall and Fancy Nancy books to teach vocabulary, vocabulary strategy mini-lessons, and getting kids to keep their eyes open for new fancy words and ways they can use the fancy words we already know! I'd also love to come up with a way to keep track of students who use words from the Fancy Nancy word wall during writer's workshop. I plan to decorate/ have students decorate each word as they go up in some fancy, fun way...probably using glitter, since glitter makes everything better :)

3 comments:

Gladys said...

Love this! I'm going to have a "Fancy Words" Word Wall too...and would love it if you could share your letters...pretty please?!

Gladys
http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com
teachinginhighheels@gmail.com

Sarah Adams said...

Those letters are gorgeous (that's a fancy word for pretty)!

hehe..

I'm your newest follower! I plan to do this as well! Please check out my blog as I'm hoping for more readers too!

http://californiaenglishteacher.blogspot.com

Sarah

Unknown said...

Yes please share your letters!!!!! Pretty please :)

Post a Comment