Monday, August 15, 2011

Pen Pals

Hi blogger friends! I am wondering if anyone would be interested in being pen pals with my class this year. I did this last year with another 2nd grade teacher in my district and it worked out well as a part of the work on writing station of daily 5 - and the kids loved it. This year, I would be open to working with a teacher from any grade level and it might be fun if my kids got to send letters to kids in another state. My school is in a very underprivileged area (in Chicago) and they rarely leave the neighborhood, let alone the state. Also, I would be open to including technology somehow - maybe through email or skype? I don't want this to be a huge, overwhelming commitment and am pretty flexible so I'm pretty much open to any ideas!! If you are interested - email me: abby3131@gmail.com and we can talk specifics :)

2 comments:

Katy said...

My friend in the suburbs who teaches third grade said she might be interested, let me know I'll get you her contact info!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is my 1st year teaching in Morocco. I already have a commitment with another class, but I will ask around to see if anyone else is looking for penpals. You can email me at hlraki@hotmail.com if you would like.

Heidi Raki
http://rakiradresources.wordpress.com

Post a Comment