Monday, December 5, 2011

Fairy Tale Menu Freebie

Happy Monday everyone! We began our Christmas Around the World unit today, and to go with that I am doing our fairy tale reading and writing units as well. I think they work nicely together because we can make connections from fairy tales to the countries we are visiting. Next week my students will study one fairy tale (and all its many versions) very closely while working on a group project. I created a menu of options (many of which I am modeling this week to get them ready) for the project. I just change the amount of points my students with IEPs need to total to accommodate for their needs. I thought I would share it with you! You can get it here. Please let me know if you like it/ can use it!

Our culminating activity with fairy tales is my favorite - each group acts out/ story-tells their favorite version of their fairy tale (they write scripts, but perform without scripts). Last year, the plays were so cute! I can't wait for this year's!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any pics of the final project? We don't have fairy tales on our schedule, but I do have some non-fiction, though.

Post a Comment